Thursday 10 November 2011

The best ways of getting rid of spots and acne

I've gone through my fair share of spots and acne, and decided it was time I collected all my knowledge into one simple list. So here are my top acne tips:



  1.  Never pick spots. Ever. Picking one spot, causes several new spots all around the area. Not only that, but it makes the one picked spot massive and red. Never pick spots.
  2. Steam your face. Steaming your face is simply amazing for acne. Not only that, but it's free. There is no need to buy a special steaming device, simply boil a full kettle, pour it into a bowl and grab a towel. Then simply sit with your face above the bowl and a town over your head making a mini-tent to keep the steam inside. Keep steaming for at least 15 minutes, or as long as you can stay for. Then simply splash your face with cold water to close your pores. 
  3. Put lemon juice on spots. This is my number one spot-busting tip. Lemon juice takes the redness away from spots, and helps to dry them out and shrink them. Whenever I feel a spot coming or even catch it late, I always apply lemon juice, and it never fails me. 
  4. Stop worrying about spots. Spots can be caused by stress, along with many other factors. But by constantly looking in the mirror, obsessing over the spots and worrying, will not get rid of them. In your mind, simply pretend the spots are gone, spot worrying and be positive. 
  5. Don't apply harsh chemicals. There are so many spot creams and face washes, all full of chemicals that are so bad for your skin, not only that, but our faces absorb 60% of what we put. Do you really want these chemicals in your body? The only time I recommend using chemicals is if your acne is very severe, and I would always recommend going to see a dermatologist to properly sort your skin out.
So there are my 5 top tips for acne and spots. I always stick to these rules and now every rarely get spots. Hopefully These have helped some people, and to discuss these further, or hear other peoples spot tips, visit FreckleTalk:


http://www.freckletalk.com/


or follow on twitter:
@FreckleTalk

No comments:

Post a Comment